What is leasing?
The term is derived from the English verb "to lease", meaning "to let out on hire" or "to take a rent of, or to hire". In Slovenia the word "leasing" has different connotations. The accountants call it "najem - the rent", while ordinance on the classification of activities refers to it as " zakup - the lease ".
In each case the term designates a special form of finance for the usage of equipment and immovable properties. It is neither the complete rent nor a complete loan although it unites the elements of both. The subject matter of the agreement is granted for use to the leasee (upon the receipt of certain indemnities for a limited period of use). Accordingly the lessor buys the subject matter of the agreement and rents it for the use of the leasee. The latter pays a rent for its use according to the leasing agreement. The lessor is the owner of the subject matter throughout the entire period of the leasing agreement. With the expiry of the contractual relationship the leasee may also buy the subject matter.
The difference between leasing and credit
The difference between leasing and credit is in the debt’s insurance towards the creditor. In principle the leasing does not require the acquisition of additional surety bonds or securities since the guarantee for the movable or immovable property, which is the subject matter of the leasing agreement, is the lessor''s property right in itself.
Why is NLB leasing a good lease
- We provide an extended range of products,
- We tailor our services to your wishes and needs,
- We have an excellent track record, knowledge and professional competence,
- Our services comprise of high quality economic and legal advisory and consultancy services at the implementation of business transactions,
- The security of your investment is provided by the financial strength of the NLB leasing Group, a member of the NLB Group,
- We are offer the possibility of finance with the application of either the EUR or CHF clauses,
- We are offer the option of a fixed or variable interest rate,
- We are offer the maturity of financing up to 25 years.
Advantages of leasing over other forms of finance
- The greater possibilities of tailoring the conditions of finance to your individual needs,
- The procedure for the approval of finance is quick and simple,
- Legal entities may exercise certain impacts of finance through leasing to the balance sheet and to the cost aspect of business operation,
- The possibility of acquiring financing is also accessible to clients with a lower credit rating to the young and newly established companies,
- The possibility of financing up to 90% of the value of the investment in assets,
- The additional insurance of the investment even when leasing for longer maturity repayment terms is usually not required,
- The finance of investments by means of certain forms of leasing does not lower your credit potential and enables more of the available floating capital,
- There are possibilities for the acquisition of additional floating capital.